Monday, April 21, 2014

Sterotypes are Here Again

Hey everyone! Sorry for the unexpected lack of posts recently but I'm back and I have some topics to chat about :) 

First, I have come to notice that there is a new TV show on the air about Salem witches. It's not really surprising that Hollywood decided to dust off the old story of the witch hunts. The fact that they changed so much of the story and call it a re-telling? The Crucible had more truth to the history than this new show does! The only thing I recognized was Giles' awesome line haha :)

I guess I could understand what their doing with this new story line if it wasn't so 'modernized' as well as showing how 'evil' witches are. Pshh. This is only making my personal Facebook explode with individuals saying that, since I am a Wiccan myself, that I am just like the witches on the TV show and that I need to repent....... Um, apparently some people will truly believe in what the boob tube tells them haha no surprise there!

Things will eventually go back to normal, hopefully, once the season is over. Until then I;m just going to keep wishing the last two classes go by fast so I can get back to writing again!


Until Tomorrow,
Keep Calm and Write On,
~Cate Riddle  

No comments:

Post a Comment